PROFILE OF MR. IBRAHIM ADEJUWON ODUMBONI
Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer, LAWMA.
( B. Sc. (Hons), MA, DFSM, DipHe, ALIBF, FIIM)
Mr. Ibrahim Adejuwon Odumboni is the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of the Lagos Management Authority (LAWMA). Before this appointment, he was the Executive Director (Business Development) of LAWMA with the mandate to ensure sustainability measures for all programs, transformation and change management to improve efficiency of operations amongst others. Prior to joining LAWMA, he provides Financial/Business Consulting services to organizations, high net worth individuals and some African countries for good governance and infrastructural projects finance under his own personal company.
Mr. Odumboni holds a Masters of Art degree in International Business Economics from Bristol Business School and a Bachelor of Science in Banking Practice &Management from Institute of Financial Services University College, Canterbury, United Kingdom plus Diploma qualifications in Banking from University of Kent & Middlesex University in United Kingdom and B.Sc. (Hons) from University of Ibadan amongst other academic qualifications. He holds a Fellowship with the Institute of Information Management of Africa(“IIM-Africa), he is an Associate member of London Institute of Banking and Finance and is a current student at Harvard Business School. He is currently doing his Doctorate in Business Administration at University de Murcia, Spain.
Mr. Odumboni has vast experience in Technology & Telecommunication Infrastructure Management, Security & Artificial Intelligence, Mergers & Acquisitions, Debt Management, Financial Services Business Consulting and Real Estate Management. He has over 16yearssenior management/executive banking experience, he was the Relationship Director with Lloyds Private Banking Limited a subsidiary of Lloyds Banking Group Plc and a Senior
manager with Halifax Bank of Scotland and HSBC Bank Plc in the United Kingdom covering various roles in the banking sector.
As the Executive Director of LAWMA, his achievements include:
- 1. Development of 10 years blueprint for sustainability of LAWMA operations.
- 2. Pioneer and Launch the Blue box scheme to promote separation of waste from source in Lagos State.
- 3. Provide capacity building for SMEs and other stakeholder in the solid waste management sector (PSP development and empowerment program).
management in Lagos State with programs and initiatives such as:
- 1. LAWMA Academy (The only solid waste management knowledge hub in Africa).
- 2. Lagos Recycle Program (for promotion of waste sorting from source & introduction of PAKAM application for waste intelligence).
- 3. Facilitate inclusion of waste management in primary school curriculum in collaboration with the Lagos State Universal Basic Education Board (LASUBEB)
- 4. Provision of health insurance and performance-based incentive scheme for street sweepers.
- 5. Increased LAWMA internal generated revenue by over 245%.
- 6. Created robust awareness and advocacy initiatives (LAWMA Ambassadors &Heroes).
- 7. Re-organization of LAWMA for vision 2030 and infrastructural investment (procurement of new service fleets and development of engineering department for in-house manufacturing activities).
- 8. Facilitates the construction of 10 Transfer Loading Stations, Material Recovery Facility and Medical waste incineration plants to improve solid waste management operations in Lagos State.
Mr. Ibrahim Adejuwon Odumboni prides himself in excellent service delivery, he is energic, high-spirited, possess good administrative skills, a technocrat with good business acumen and he is highly optimistic. Mr. Odumboni is happily married with two sons.